Pattern Hacking: Oud Pinafore from The eli monster to a little black dress

        
                                                The easiest way to transform a pinafore to a dress

    Last week, we were told that the theme for this week photoshoot was going to be "all black". Even after the modeling couch gave us the mood board, I still had not decided on the look yet. 


    Been looking into few instagrams to get ideas. And I still had not make up my mind. Jade wanted the sheer button shirt but the fabric I ordered was too thick to achieve the look. 

    So Just a night before, as I was looking through Jade's closet, I found the black pinafore I made using The Eli Monster's Oud Pinafore pattern. You can find the pattern here: Oud pinafore

            I just loved everything about this pinafore. It is very different look than any other pinafore I made in the past. It has cap sleeves and back button closure. 





            Since this Pinafore has button back closure, I thought it would be easier to transform this into a dress. Hubby was actually the one who gave me the idea on how to transform this. 
               
            At first I tried this pinafore on Jade first. It was more fitted now, so it would be perfect as a dress. I cut a square of tulle fabric and pinned them first to get the perfect measurements. I wanted the tulle to fit nicely on her, so I pinned them while she was wearing it. 

            Once I got the perfect measurements on the tulle, I hand stitched them myself. It only took me less than 20 mins to get everything done. and I was blown away with the results. 


            I fold the top of the tulle by 1 cm. I just eyed-balled the position of the tule to cover the side. I originally just sewed the tulle to the lining. But when she putted them on, It did not sit properly on her. so I stitched it the tulle again on the edge of front bodice with ladder stitch, and it just blended nicely.

    
                once the dress finished, we thought it needed something. Hubby said maybe adding the ruffles on the neck. but since this pinafore has rather wide neckline, I just did not think it would work. so Jade asked if I can make her the choker instead. And off course I can!!

                so I cut a strip of the tulle 8 cm width with 40cm length. Sewed them together with wrong side together on the longer side with 1/4 seams allowance. Turned the fabric out and your tulle chocker is done!! 

                This is the easiest hack I have ever done . Just add some black boots and there you have it!!




                                                            Pic is from lostbumblebee


Comments

Popular Posts